- The Allergy Machine’s (HM405) unique HEGA filter (high efficiency gas absorption) is a special carbon fiber that provides ten times the surface area of traditional activated carbon. Developed by the British military, this filter works like a sponge to bond with and adsorb toxic chemicals, odors, gases and tobacco smoke and remove them from the air. Unlike traditional activated carbon pellets, HEGA releases no carbon dust.
- Additionally, the HEPA media removes sub-micron particles including pollen, mold spores, dust mites, pet saliva, pet dander, microorganisms (bacteria and viruses) and other allergens from the air. The Allergy Machine is increasingly becoming the choice of allergy and asthma sufferers.
- The Austin Air Allergy Machine was selected for use in a clinical trial at the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Centre. The team monitored a group of children with asthma who were regularly exposed to second hand smoke. The results were clear, running one of our units in the children’s bedrooms while they slept, reduced their hospital visits by nearly 20%.
- The Austin Air Allergy Machine is built to last. The body is all steel and powder coated with a nontoxic finish. The highly efficient motor is designed to be run continuously, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 12 months a year for a minimum of five years. Austin Air stands behind this promise.
- The Allergy Machine Air Purifier is an investment in your health. The Austin Clean Air Pocket delivers pure air in 15 seconds flat.
- The Austin Air Allergy Machine is economical to run and to maintain, costing less than 50¢ a day to run. Filter lasts a full five years.
|Austin Air Technical Specifications Allergy Machine® HM405 Standard HEPA Air Cleaner|
|DIMENSIONS||14.5" W x 14.5" D x 23" H|
|CONSTRUCTION||23-gauge steel housing and 23-gauge 360° perforated steel intake housing with baked on powder coat finish (no out-gassing) available in Black, Midnight Blue, White and Sandstone colors. Easy roll casters included.|
|MOTOR||Thermally protected Permanent, Split Capacitor (PSC) high efficiency motor, Max. HP: 1/11.5, rated for continuous high speed, long life duty, shock absorbing motor mounts, with CSA C-US approval for use in Canada and USA.|
|POWER CSA RATING||120 VAC 60 Hz, Max. Watt: 147, Max. Amp: 1.2|
|POWER SWITCH||Three Speed Control||High||Medium||Low|
|POWER RATING AT SPEED||Watts power||137 Watts||82 Watts||56 Watts|
|Amps||1.2 Amps||0.71 Amps||0.51 Amps|
|FAN||3 speed centrifugal fan rated Cubic Feet per Minute (CFM)||400 CFM||200 CFM||75 CFM|
|CFM after the filter||250 CFM||125 CFM||47 CFM|
|Fan sound level in decibels (dB)||65 dB||55 dB||> 40 dB|
|COMPARATIVE SOUND||NORMAL CONVERSATION|
|STREAM, REFRIGERATOR HUMMING|
|Austin Air Technical Specifications Allergy Machine® Standard Filter FR405|
|AUSTIN AIR FILTER ASSEMBLY|
|Dimensions: 13.5 in. diameter, 14.5 in. height|
|Perma Filter Pre-Filter®|
|Military Grade HEGA Carbon Cloth. HEGA (High Efficiency Gas Arrestance)|
|60 square feet True Medical HEPA grade filter medium.|
|Metal end caps with foam sealing gaskets top and bottom.|
|Filter total weight of 10 lbs.|
|AUSTIN AIR FILTER STAGES|
|STAGE 1 – Perma Filter Pre-Filter. A Large Particle pre-filter.Removes visible particles (e.g. dust, hair and pet dander)|
|STAGE 2 – Medium Particle Pre-filter. Removes small to medium size particles (e.g. molds, spores and pollen)|
|STAGE 3 – 60 sq. ft. of True Medical Grade HEPA. Removes 99.97% of all particles larger than 0.3 microns and 95% of all particles larger than 0.1 microns.|
|STAGE 4 – Military Grade HEGA Carbon Cloth. HEGA (High Efficiency Gas Arrestance), providing an extremely large surface area for adsorption of chemicals, gases, viruses and bacteria.|