- In 2000, the US government extensively tested Austin Air Purifiers alongside more than 100 other products. The tests confirmed Austin Air cleaners are the most effective at removing chemicals and VOC’s from the environment.
- HealthMate Plus features 15 lbs. of Carbon with Zeolite. Potassium iodide, a chemisorber, is added to the activated carbon mix. Chemisorbers break down chemicals into smaller molecules so they can be easily adsorbed by the activated carbon. The smaller toxic molecules stick to the surface of the activated carbon and are removed from the air.
- The HealthMate Plus uses over 60 square feet of true medical grade HEPA media to remove 99.97 % of airborne particles greater than 0.3 microns, including pollen, mold spores, dust mites, pet saliva, pet dander, microorganisms (bacteria and viruses) and other allergens.
- The HealthMate Plus is built to last with a steel body that is powder-coated with a nontoxic finish. The motor is designed to run continuously, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 12 months a year for a minimum of 5 years. Austin Air stands behind this promise.
- HealthMate Plus is economical to run and maintain, costing less than 50 cents a day. Since the filter lasts a full five years, you save a fortune on filter replacements. Other machines require 10 to 20 filter changes in the same time period, costing two to three times as much to maintain.
|Austin Air Technical Specifications HealthMate Plus® HM450 Standard HEPA Air Cleaner|
|DIMENSIONS||14.5″ W x 14.5″ D x 23″ H|
|CONSTRUCTION||23-gauge steel housing with 360° perforated steel intake. Baked on powder coat finish. Available in Black and Sandstone. Easy roll casters included.|
|MOTOR||Thermally protected Permanent Split Capacitor (PSC) high efficiency motor, Max. HP: 1/11.5, with CSA C-US approval.|
|POWER CSA RATING||120 VAC 60 Hz, Max. Watt: 147, Max. Amp: 1.2|
|POWER SWITCH||Three Speed Control||High||Medium||Low|
|POWER RATING AT SPEED||Watts power||137 Watts||82 Watts||56 Watts|
|Amps||1.2 Amps||0.71 Amps||0.51 Amps|
|FAN||3 speed centrifugal fan rated Cubic Feet per Minute (CFM)||400 CFM||200 CFM||75 CFM|
|CFM after the filter||250 CFM||125 CFM||47 CFM|
|Fan sound level in decibels (dB)||65 dB||55 dB||> 40 dB|
|COMPARATIVE SOUND||Normal Conversation|
|Stream, Refrigerator Humming|
|Austin Air Technical Specifications HealthMate Plus Standard Filter FR450|
|AUSTIN AIR FILTER ASSEMBLY|
|Dimensions: 13.5 in. diameter, 14.5 in. height|
|Perma Filter Pre-Filter®|
|15 lbs. (over 780 cubic inches) of Potassium Iodide Impregnated Activated Carbon Zeolite blend (ten to one ratio)|
|60 square feet True Medical HEPA grade filter medium.|
|Metal end caps with foam sealing gaskets top and bottom.|
|Filter total weight of 23 lbs.|
|AUSTIN AIR FILTER STAGES|
|STAGE 1 – Perma Filter Pre-Filter. A Large Particle pre-filter.|
|STAGE 2 – Medium Particle Pre-filter.|
|STAGE 3 – STAGE 3 – 15 lbs. (over 780 cubic inches) of Activated Carbon, Zeolite and Potassium Iodide (a chemisorber).|
|STAGE 4 – 60 sq. ft. of True Medical Grade HEPA. Removes 99.97% of all particles larger than 0.3 microns and 95% of all particles larger than 0.1 microns.|